Wednesday, January 30, 2013

McCall's 6603

McCall's 6603



Well.....I'm continuing to chip away at my stash and finally got an idea for some fabric I've had since the 90's.  Yes....the 90's.  It's a beautiful loose weave wool plaid I bought it at Britex in San Francisco.  I was inspired by this post from My Sewing Space and have always wondered what to do with this pattern.  I made view A and shortened it about 4 inches.  Both the cowl and the sleeve bands are cut on the bias and I think it worked really well with my fabric.  I'm happy with the top but truth be told with our California weather..... I'm not sure how much I'll be able to wear it.  That said, I'm still happy the fabric finally got out of the cupboard and a life of it's own!  I'd like to make it again in a soft knit maybe even sweatshirting.  Here's my review on Pattern Review.

Overall, I started this year in a sewing frenzy.  I think I'm a little excited to power through my stash and hop on those New Year's resolutions.  I already made my goal of 3 items this month and I'll put up a final score on the 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment