Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simplicity 1805

This is Simplicity 1805 and my third (or maybe even fourth) project for the month!  I'm humming along on my "3 Projects a Month" new year's resolution....give it to me for my "stick-to-it-ivness".....for a whole month!  This was quick and very easy and similar to another pattern I have but I thought I'd try it anyway.  I made it out of a rayon knit from  The fabric is very drapey with little recovery so I needed to choose a pattern that work.  I added a smocked bottom (different from the pattern) using this tutorial and I think it makes the blouse.  I simply put elastic thread in the bobbin and sewed straight lines....that easy!  And really fun!  Here's a picture (not a great picture):

To keep the neckline from stretching I fused interfacing to the fabric BEFORE I cut out the neckband.   I then attached it to the WRONG side of the top (opposite of the instructions) so I could topstitch it down from the right side.  I used a ditch foot and put the top in the machine with the neckband to the left of the foot and lined up the fold of the neckband against the "ditch" in the foot (be sure to check your needle placement).  So easy and it turns out so accurate! Here's my review on Pattern Review.


  1. I love this top! Your photo looks like it is from a catalog. Seriously! I have this pattern an was planning on making another view, but I love your version!

  2. Thank you so much! I just bought a piece of fabric to make another one!