Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Sewing


I did quite a bit of Christmas sewing this year and one of the things I did was make new pillows for my daughter's bed.  She desperately needed new bedding so I thought I'd make some pillows to finish it off.  I was a little nervous to make her something for her room without her picking it out because what you live with is so personal but....there's Pinterest!  I went on her Pinterest board and was able to gain inspiration from photos on her board.  I know it seems a little stalker to look at Pinterest for gifts but it worked and she really likes it.  The dark pillows in the back are from Anthropologie (she loves all their bedding) so I used them as the starting point and added two shams, two rectangular pillows (I prequilted the fabric before construction) and one ruffled square pillow which is my favorite because the fabric has handwritten words in French and she takes French at school.  Her room is calm and feminine but not fussy and she really loves it.

Here's the inspiration photo from Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment