Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Look 6144



Oh I've been dying to make a ponte knit dress.  I wanted something with a simple style but great fit (and isn't the color glorious!).  I decided on New Look 6144 view F and I just love it.  I made a few changes: I turned the neckline darts toward the inside instead of the outside like the patterns suggests and I made it aline (swinging out about 3 inches).  It went together in about 3 hours (after a quick muslin) and this ponte knit from Fabricmart was dead simple to work with.  I wore it on Christmas Eve with boots (my most comfortable-ist pair) and a belt I love but never seem to have anything to wear with it.  I'm very happy and can't wait to wear and make it again.  This time I want it in gray to match another belt I love but have nothing to wear with it!  Here's my review on Pattern Review.



No comments:

Post a Comment