Sunday, July 14, 2013

"Pull 'Er Up" Cover Up



I bought this inexpensive knit a few months ago.  I don't know what came over me but it was soft and I loved the colors even though it is not a typical print for me.  I washed, dried, folded, and matched the print and found I really didn't have much fabric left to work with.  So I decided to make a little beach cover up.  I'm sure my inspiration had something to do the 96 degree days we've been having.

Here's how I did it:



Supplies:
  • 32" length of approx. 60" knit fabric (my width ended up being 56")
  • Thread to match
  • Elastic thread
  • Border Guide Foot (optional but helpful)
  • Good and Plenty (optional but also helpful)



  • Hem both the top and bottom of fabric
  • Sew a row of elastic from the right side about 1/2" from top 
  • Continue sewing rows of elastic until desired bodice shape (mine was about 12 rows)
  • Sew the side seam 


 Here she is! Where's the beach?




No comments:

Post a Comment