I bought this inexpensive knit a few months ago. I don't know what came over me but it was soft and I loved the colors even though it is not a typical print for me. I washed, dried, folded, and matched the print and found I really didn't have much fabric left to work with. So I decided to make a little beach cover up. I'm sure my inspiration had something to do the 96 degree days we've been having.
Here's how I did it:
- 32" length of approx. 60" knit fabric (my width ended up being 56")
- Thread to match
- Elastic thread
- Border Guide Foot (optional but helpful)
- Good and Plenty (optional but also helpful)
- Hem both the top and bottom of fabric
- Place elastic thread in the bobbin (see these instructions from my other top)
- Sew a row of elastic from the right side about 1/2" from top
- Continue sewing rows of elastic until desired bodice shape (mine was about 12 rows)
- Sew the side seam
Here she is! Where's the beach?