Sunday, July 21, 2013

I'm a Stitchin' Fool


I recently got a "new to me" embroidery machine and I'm so excited.  In celebration of this life altering event I made this cheery bunting.  I embroidered each of the triangles on my Janome 10000 using this embroidery design I found at Embroidery Library.

Each of the triangles took about an hour to stitch out (including pauses for changing thread and folding laundry) and sewing all of the triangles together took another hour.  It makes me happy to look at but I better enjoy it now because it's a gift for someone dear and will be leaving my house soon.

I've been frequenting Embroidery Library often lately and the possibilities seem endless.  They have a "Projects" section offering full instructions for finished projects using their designs (I got the idea for the bunting there). If you go on the site be sure to put yourself on the email list because they send specials to my inbox quite often.

I've been stitching away on my machine and will share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment