Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Healdsburg Skirt


A couple of months back, my husband and I went with our dear friends to Healdsburg to cheer our friend on as he competed in the annual "Vineman", an Ironman race set in the beauty of the California wine country.  Now I realize this trip wasn't about me since we went to offer race support to our friend during his long day of swimming, cycling and running but, I was able to eat some amazing food, enjoy the sun in the wine country and...hit a fabric store. Oh yeah!

Healdsburg winery with a croquet field
I visited Fabrications in darling downtown Healdsburg and picked up a couple of woven stripes including this blue one.  I want to say it's a Kaffe Fassett (but I could be lying) uneven stripe that's dreamy soft.  They only had 1 1/4 yards but I picked it up anyway.  I decided to sew it up this week in a skirt for my daughter.  Shhhh....it's a surprise.


I couldn't find a pattern so I decided to make a skirt similar to one she had on the last time she came home from college.  It's a slight aline skirt with pockets and wide waistband with elastic, belt loops and a self tie.

The skirt looked a little boxy when I finished it so I added a shirttail hem using my Sewaholic Granville shirt pattern as a loose guide.  The pattern was still sitting on my cutting table from using it last week.  It worked out great!


I hope she likes it!

A couple of pics from an early morning breakfast in Healdsburg with my favorite guy!  Healdsburg is  a beautiful place and I didn't even know it was there.  Have any of you been there?  Try not to miss it!





2 comments:

  1. What a great skirt! Looks comfy but "put together."... my favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete