Thursday, May 22, 2014

Selfish Sewing Break - A Top for Mom


I broke my selfish sewing streak this week by making something for my mom.  She told me a couple of weeks ago she bought an orange pair of sandals and was pretty excited.  As I was browsing the FabricMart Fabrics website, I found this beautiful lightweight, crinkle ikat voile (it's no longer available in orange but you can find the purple colorway here).  It's pretty for summer with orange, coral, cream and purple.


My mom has very narrow shoulders and loves loose tops so I made her a short sleeved peasant top with a flutter sleeve.  I took a raglan t-shirt pattern, added width to the neckline in the front, back and sleeves and added a keyhole front. I made a fold over neckline casing with a drawstring and elastic so she can adjust the neckline however she needs to.  I can't wait to see it on her.....she's so cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment