Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I've Got Georgia On My Mind


I just got back from a whirlwind trip to NYC for my husband's show in Chelsea.  The weather was crazy, the city was busy but I still found it all so inspiring.  Far and away, my favorite part of the trip was seeing my husband's paintings on the walls of the gallery.


Often, he invites me out to his studio at our home to look at paintings while he's working on them.  I look forward to his invitations because I love watching the process of creating a new body of work and dodging globs of paint on the studio floor.  But the best part is when the time comes to view the paintings up on a wall, well lit and in a beautiful space.  And as a bonus...no paint on my shoes!

"Beauregard"
I was able to steal a selfish couple of hours to "drive-by" the fabric district, City Quilter and M&J Trimmings.  A few pieces of fabric found their way home with me as did some ribbon trim.  All in all however, I didn't go crazy buying too much but I did come home energized to sew.

Some "Beauregard" inspired fabrics from City Quilter
Don't ask me how it happened but I went to NYC and came back with Georgia on my mind.  I found a couple of really fun knits in the fabric district and decided it would be fun to do a post on my Georgia Pattern and show you how I make it in under 2 hours!

This sounds like a great time for a sale so I'm putting Blue Dot's The Georgia Top PDF pattern on sale at 50% off, yep that's only $6 until the end of this month!  You can check out my patterns on Etsy, too.  Yay!

So my friends, grab yourself some knit and the Georgia PDF pattern and let's make it together.  I'll be posting my "Georgia In Two Hours" post next week on the blog.  I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment