Friday, August 8, 2014

Simplicity 2373 - Ojai Dress


Well...this is one of those projects that was difficult to get through.   I find this hard to believe since this is one of my TNT's (tried and true pattern) and some leftover linen I had in my stash.  I made the bodice and the straps and for some reason I just wasn't happy so I left it sitting on my cutting table for a day.  I have a stack of other projects I'm excited to start but I'm not a sewer that can have any unfinished projects lying around. I knew I'd have to figure out my problem or call it a "wadder" and trash the dress.  I forged ahead and I'm so glad I did.



I used the dress pattern from Simplicity 2373 and added a couple of inches to the bottom.  Since I was unhappy with the bodice, I decided to experiment with some decorative stitching and ended up using a technique I used on this skirt.  I hand wound light gray embroidery floss (all six threads) onto a bobbin and top stitched from the wrong side so the embroidery floss showed on the front.  So easy and yes, washable.



Here are my reviews on PatternReview.com. and Kollabora.


My daughter took these dress pictures on a recent trip to Ojai, California.  If you ever
can get there....do it.  It's a beautiful place.  We laid by the pool most of the day and this was my view.  Nice, right?  I can't wait to go back.



1 comment:

  1. I love your dress. The grey floss trim is genius and looks perfect. And you look so lovely in your blue dress in front of those tiled steps- perfect backdrop!

    ReplyDelete